Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16. 2010





Hey All,
So last week was the 2 year mark. How weird is that? I am now on overtime. I figure I should get paid double for that. Haha. Maybe just more hot-wife points. Anyways. It will be intersting to have sorts of meetings and stuff. But it will be nice to stay busy for this week, keep my minds off of things.
I had some fun adventures this last week. I will include some pics, get you all excited to see me.
1-The temple. It was a really good experience. It is always nice to go to the temple, and I have not been in about a year, so it was nice to be back. We also had the chance to walk though central park a little bit, and we got a Manhattan hot dog. It was pretty good. So it was a very fun trip. Manhattan is really nice and I always enjoy going there.
2- The Mets game. It was very fun. There were tons of missionaries there and we all had a good time. It was a quick game, nothing too exciting, but good. The Mets won 4-0, and ended the game on a double play. Santana, the pitcher, pitched an excellent game, with like 120 pitches, 12 stike outs I believes, and 75 of his pitches being strikes. So it was really fun to go and see. I am glad I had the chance.
3 - I finally got the chance to eat what is called Cui. It is something they eat in Ecuador. I have been trying to get some my whole mission, and right when I seem to find someone that is going to cook me some, I get transferred. But alas, a family here in Flushing, the Lopez family, got me some Cui. Ok, so now so you know, Cui is probably better known to all of you as Guinea Pig. It was alright, not bad, but way too much work for not enough meat.
I did really enjoy your card. It was one of the funnniest cards I had seen in a while.
So i gave President a hard time in my departing interview. I was joking I was mad that I never got the chance to serve in Riverhead, which is way out in Long Island. He said jokingly, well I can give you 2 more transfers out there. And then I said in a very serious tone, Ok. He was taken aback, he thought I was serious and was put in a tight spot. You could see him struggling trying to tell me he actually couldn't. It was funny.
Everything else is good. I'm going to keep this short, as I have no need to make it long. I am very excited to see you all, and I love you all very much.
-Elder Miller

No comments: