Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26, 2009

Hey :)

Typing is kind of hard for me today. I cut my finger this morning, so I
have a bandaid on it. Haha. Don't worry, it is just a small paper cut,
nothing big.

It sounds like things are being rough for a lot of people. That is sad, but
one thing I have definately learned since I have been out on the mission it
that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Speaking of which, this week was rough for us in that way. My whole
distrcit at one point in time got this virus thing. It was pretty pad. It
made you weak, tired, ears hurt, eyes hurt, throwing up, the whole bit. It
was bad. Luckily I never threw up, but the rest I got. Being sick on the
mission is no fun, because all you want to do is to go out and to work, but
you are so weak you can't do much. So it was an interesting week because of
that. I was sick Monday, Tuesday, Wendnesday, and started feeling better
Thrusday, and felt fine by yesterday. So it is nice to be feeling better
now. The sisters are still feeling a little weak, but they are doing a lot
better too.

So that made the week pretty slow, but we worked the best we could. Things
were slow, but it is amazing how perservering really blesses you. Sunday we
had the most amazing day. We taught a bunch of lessons, and found a bunch
of new investigators, so that was awesome.

So there wasn't really any amazing stories this week, but everything is
going great. THe work is really coming along. We have some potential
baptisimal commits coming up, so that will be exciting.

I will be at the mission office on Wednesday anyways, because we have Zone
Conference, so hopefully it gets there. If the strips don't last until
Wednesday, I will probably just buy some will my home card, so if you would
check that, that would be great.


Some dishcloths and scrubbies would be awesome, because, obviously, we have
to wash all our own dishes, and we don't have dishwashers, so those would
actually be great.

Okay, I know I make requests almost every week, but I have two more. Sorry.
Okay, Jon Schmidt CD with the song called Pachabello's Cannon Meets U2, or
something like that, and then some really nice hair clippers. THose would
be sweet. The hair clippers we have kind of just rip the hair, not cut,
haha, and some of the sizes are missing, so it is hard to work with some
time. But yeah, sorry for asking all the time, but I like to ask when it is
on my mind, or otherwise I know I would forget.

So today is the first day of Chinese New Year, in China Town, there is
suppost to be a big parade, but it is yet to be seen. It is suppose to be
down on Main Street, which I am on right now, and nothing has even been
blocked off yet, so maybe they cancelled it, because I think it is suppose
to start in like 10 minutes, but I don't know.

As just a regular update, because you always do that, haha, I am doing
great. I am really enjoying this transfer, the only thing that has gone a
little hard was being sick, but I can deal with sick. Things are just
awesome. One of the Zone Leaders was actually talking to me and my comp the
other day and talking about how there are lots of hard times and problems
going on in the zone, basically every companionship has a struggle, except
for our district, so he was really greatful, and asked us to try to keep it
that way. So things are awesome. It is crazy how when things are going
good times flies too. It seems like it was Christmas yesterday. At I was
home the day before that. So that is my update, things couldn't be better.
Oh yeah, I don't remember if I told you, but I finished the New Testament,
so now I am on to the Old, then I will be doing D&C, after that I think I
will try to do them all in Spanish.

Well, it looks like my time is up. Thanks for everything you do for me. I
love you very much.

-Elder Miller

No comments: