Monday, October 12, 2009

October 12, 2009

Howdy,

I was able to make it to the temple. It was the coolest experience ever. We got there a little early, so we went and walked to Central Park and took a couple quick pictures, I will send some I forgot my camera today. THen we went back to the temple and there were tons of people there. It was our District Temple day, and they had a lot of people show up. I actually didn't baptize or be baptized, because I wanted to let others have the chance, but I did get to do a couple other things that were awesome. I got to be a witness, and I also got to spend a long time as the recorder which I thought was awesome. In Utah it is always a temple worker who does the recording, I didn't even know just a normal memeber could do it. BUt so I got to be the one who put the name on the screen, and who marked off that the baptism was done and valid. It was so sweet. I enjoyed it so much.

The weather is starting to really cold down. The highs are still decent, but the lows are getting lower. I am really enjoying it right now, but This kind of weather doesn't last for very long in New York, it goes from this to really cold really fast, and I am not really excited for the really cold, because of the humidity, it is nothing like Utah cold.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the trailer.

I did not get with the pump lady, I will, and I will wait to contact the mission doctor until I have the license renewal. That way I know I am ready for him right then.

We had a pretty sweet week. On top of the temple, we had some good look ups, some good contacts, things just went pretty well.

We had an apointment last night with a man named Learie from Barbados I think he said, but he has lived in New York most of his life. He was a former investigator we looked up. He was amazing. Maybe the best I have ever felt in a lesson ever. It just felt good. He already calls us his family, after just knowing him for a couple hours. After we left the appointment my comp said, "That was great. You know, if they recorded that lesson and put it in the Preach My Gospel videos (the missionary training videos they show in the MTC) I would feel perfectly comfortable with that." It was sweet.

One other kind of crazy thing that happened, we were going over to a members that had invited us over for dinner, and when we got there they were all in the front yard playing. We went up, said Hi, and they said, well, we have some bad news. Turns out, while they were cooking dinner, there stove caught on fire, and the had to call the fire department and the whole bit. There wasn't much damage done, but mostly just a lot of sut. After all of that, they were just trying to figure out how to cook the rest of the food and such. Even after a fire in there own home they were trying to find a way to still feed us. I was taken aback. They are an awesome family.

Well, I better get going. I love you all very much.

-Elder Miller

No comments: