Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 19, 2009

Hey,

Yeah, it was super nice to be able to go to the temple and enjoy some cool new experiences. I look forward to being able to do it in the future more.

Well, so I realized something strange happened this last week. I actually didn't realize it, but had another missionary tell me. I have now officially been in New York for over a year now. That is pretty crazy. It is going by so fast.

The weather has really started to cool down, and stay cool. The other day the high was 43 or something like that. But oh well, you just have to deal with it I guess. But I am planning and buying some sweaters today, they will be nice, try to keep warm.


Thank you so much for sending the box. I don't get mail on Mondays, I actually get them on Sunday, because an office couple comes to church out here, and brings them with them, so I probably won't get it until this Sunday, but oh well. Thank you, and i am excited to get it.

That is crazy to me that the Hanson's are already home, because, well, I was in the MTC with them. Haha. But that is how it goes. Probably my best friend in the mission, Sister Heininge, who started at the same time as me, only has one transfer left before she goes home. That is really strange to me, because I have so much time left. But I love it, so it doesn't matter.

I believe I sent the little thing for Flavia a couple weeks ago, I will look and try to send it again.

The fire wasn't a big fire or anything, they will just have to replace the stove and and maybe the kitchen floor, it is tile, and it looks like some damage was done. But they are an awesome family, and really cared more about caring for us. It really was amazing.

So, what can I tell you about this week. One really fun thing we got to do this week. We were over at a members and they asked if we could help them tape up the cieling in a room they were going to paint. We said of course, but then we asked them if we could help them paint it. They said that would be awesome. The only time we could make it work was in the morning on Saturday, and the mom was going to be at work, the Dad would be home. But the mom was going to do all of the painting. So it was really cool, because we went and got basically the whole thing done, just a couple things because we ran out of time, had an appointment, but basically the room was done by the time she got home from work. So that was pretty cool.

It was District Conference, so we got to hear some good speaker and such. The temple president, the district presidency, and the mission president spoke. It was really nice. Also a new move in, Bro. Anderson spoke. He did an awesome job. I really enjoyed it.

We have one investigator right now who just got diagnosed with Lupus, and is starting Chemo treatments and the whole nine yards. He is taking it pretty well, getting a little depressed, but is doing well. But his mom is very stressed. I was wondering if you could think of anything we could do for her, since you have been through similar situations, maybe you would know what would help. Something beyond the typical answer of just be there for her, because we can and have bene doing that, but something above and beyond that would really help. If you could come up with something, that would be great.

This week while doing service in the park, one of the missionaries that I live with got Poisin Ivy, while none of the other of us did, which is weird, because we were in the exact same places. I guess he is just more prone to it. But it has got pretty bad, to the point he can't even cross his arms without it bugging him. He is taking it well though, but is having a hard time getting rid of it. He has tried creams, rubs, but he just got some soap the other day that guaranteed to get rid of it in less than a week, and it already looks like it is getting better. So that is good. But just something out of the norm that happened.

I am excited for Halloween coming up. We might be buying pumpkins today and carving them. I think that will be fun. Since I am now living somewhere where you can do that. Haha.

Well, I better get going. I love you very much. Until next week.

-Elder Miller

No comments: