Monday, April 19, 2010

April 18, 2010

Hello,
So another week has passed by pretty quick. It was an interesting week. Really hard work, not a lot to show for it, but great pontential. Me and my companion both feel really good about it. It was a good week. One of those that you just sat down last night and said, yep, that was good. So that is, as already stated, good.
Ok, so for pods, i think I have about 14 left or something like that. Wait until at least next week, and I will get an exact count for you. I will need test strips again soon, as I am now down to my last vial again, so please send more of those in the package that is coming up. :)
Oh yeah, I don't think I ever told you, I got my A1C done, I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was a little higher than I wanted, but not bad high. So that is good.
The weather has been good here. It has been a little bit cooler, as well as not having to wear a suit. Those two combinations make it perfect. I make fun of my companion a little bit. He is a cold blooded one like mom, always cold.
Hermano Ovalle is the ex-communicated member who was baptized. He is great. One of my favorite people I have met on my mission. He is really goofy though. I didn't even know he was sending those texts until after you had sent a few back. He is goofy that way.
It sounds as all is going well. That is really good.
As it turns out, I don't think that I have almost any really cool stories to tell from this week. Like I said, it was a really busy week, with just normal stuff, that will hopefully lead to good stuff further on. It was weird to be working with just the one companion. I feel like I am missing something all the time, or I am breaking a rule or something like that. But it will be good, just take some time to get used to.
One kind of out of the norm thing that happened is we now have another missionary living in our apartment, and got made into a trio with the other Elders. His name is Elder Habberman, and it from Germany. So this is the story with him. He was in the Provo mission, and finished his mission, and was on his way home. He made it to JFK airport, and his flight to Germany got canceled due to a Volcano or something like that, I am sure you know better, you hear the news. But so he won't be able to get a flight until tomorrow. So he has been in the New York New York South mission for almost a week. What a nice surprise that would be, be on your way home, and then, wait, you don't get to go home for another week. haha. He is really cool though. It has been interesting to learn about the Provo mission, and how things work over there.
Let's see, you asked as far as things you could send me in a package. This is so not like me, but I think I will ask for some stuff. :)
1. Dried fruit is the fasted way to my heart. Mangos, Craisins, whatever. Anything dried fruit.
2. I could use some sort of something to entertain me. I know that is as descriptive as it gets. But something to do.
3. Ok, well this list is getting short quick, I am having a hard time coming up with stuff, but anything you want. Fun cool stuff.
Haha, Sorry for the bad list.
Now, what is it that I can do you any of you? Let me know.
I love you all so much, and will talk to you again next week.
-Elder Miller

No comments: