Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009




Howdy Hey Hey,

Ok, so here are the updates to the points you really want.

1. How my birthday went.
It started out just kind of normal, not very fun. Just went and did my
normal P-Day stuff. I had to run to the mission office to give an English
Class packet thingy to Sister Heininge (she was in my district in Flushing)
and she had made me a cake and some cookies. That was so cool. Then in the
night we worked, and then we went over to this families house, the best
family ever, Alarcon, and they had got me a cake, and they got me a present,
a Rubik's Cube, haha, they had heard I liked them. Then on Saturday, they
had felt bad for my cake being a last second not fancy one, so they got me
another one. I felt so spoiled. I got them a way cool thank you card
though. But they are so awesome, so I really enjoyed my birthday, I am
including pictures of all my cakes. Haha. I bet I gained so much weight.

2. If I got my presents.
I am not sure all that was sent, but this is what I got. The shoes,
they fit awesome and look great. I am hoping to keep them in good shape and
wear them for mostly special occasiones, like transfer meeting and
interviews with the president. Package with lots of candy and the gifts
from Sandee and Heidee. All was great. You know my food taste so well.
The CD is awesome, and the books are great. I had been reading a copy of
Nuestra Busqueda de la felicidad, so I am really excited to have them and
read them. I haven't recieved the card from Grandpa and Grandma, but we
haven't got mail in a few days, because the store we live above has been
closed. Lame. But thank you so much to all for all the wonderful presents.

3. Supplies.
Yes!, the AP's were actually on exchanges with the ZL's that day, so
they just brough it to the church, put it in the fridge there, and I got it
out of the fridge and brought it home. Do you want me to send that package
back?

4. I got the test strips at Rite Aid, but they couldn't find the
prescription for some reason, they might have been able to, but I didn't
have the time to wait, so I bought them at full price. I am sorry. So my
card is probably on overdraft, if you would look at that for me, and get it
worked out that would be awesome, you are the best.

5. Mission President.
he is really cool. I have actualyl ahd a lot of time to spend around
him, and I think he will be really good. he has the right attitude about a
lot of things. So it will be good.

The weather hasn't been too bad here. But you know what not too bad weather
in New York means? Horrible. It hasn't been that hot, but hte humidity
here is redonkulous. You come home soaked in your own sweat. Oh how happy
i am it is not hotter. I heard last year was pretty bad.

Just so you know I think I have about 14 pods left, I will count for sure,
and let you have the exact count next week.

Ok, so I have one story for ya this week. We came into contact with this
man named Juan this week. We met him through English Class. His main
interest was in English. He says he needs to learn how to read and write so
he can pass a test he needs to take, taht is only offered in English. We
said we could help. I was talking to him the other day, and he was telling
me what he needed to learn to pass the test, and I was just listening and
said we could help, then after he said, "But I know you guys also teach
about Christ, and I have always liked learning about him and the Bible, so I
would love to hear about that too." It was so cool. You could really tell
that he wants to learn about the gospel. We actually have an appointment
with him tonight, so next week I will let you know how it went.

That is super crazy about camp. Camp Browning is a fun place though. I am
sure it will all work out and be fine.

It sounds like everyone has been doing pretty well. That's great.

That is awesome about the shoes and them being cheaper.

Well, I had better get going, so I will talk to you next week.

Love you bunches.

-Elder Miller

No comments: