Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009

Hey,

Yes, I do know my exact release date. It is August 18th. Obviously we will
talk about things in like a year, but whatever you want is ok with me,
picking me up or not. The one downside of picking me up is I would not be
released, so I would have to continue living the mission rules, no TV and no
swimming, among the others, haha, so that would be kind of weird, and I'd
have to wear my tie and name tag everywhere we went, but yeah, whatever you
guys want, and we will talk about it in a few months.

It is not farm lands, just kind of normal, I guess it would be kind of like
a city more crowded than Layton. It is still just a normal city, but busier
than Layton. I did meet the member from Layton. She said she grew up down
my Gentile. I didn't catch her maiden name, but she grew up in Layton, and
is now living in New York with her husband and like 9 million kids. They
are a stereotypical mormon family. He is in the district presidency.

That is pretty upsetting about the missionaries and Jon's Friend. I hope it
all works out. It is sad to think that people would do something like that.


Elder Pace was excellent. He gave us some really awesome talks and talked
about some really awesome things that you don't hear much about. Also one
other funny thing happened. We have a little lunch at our Zone Conferences,
and I sat down and was talking to some of my friends, and President Nelson
came and sat by us, along with Elder Pace. Elder Pace actually sat right
next to me. It was kind of strange, but we had some really cool
conversations. He is a really cool man.

The work and teaching are coming along slowly but surely. My companion has
been really upset on the situations that we came into, being blinded in and
all, and the pool used to be the ZL's pool, which should be an example pool,
and we came in to virtually nothing, and so he has been upset about it, and
has talked to President how he is struggling with it, since he is the
District leader,and it shoudl be an example pool, and it was left horribly
to us, but we are working hard to change that.

I have not got ahold of Brenda, I am getting kind of frustrated with it, and
am about to give up. I have called several times, and she has called back
once, which I missed because I was in the bathroom, and I called back right
when I got out and she didn't answer or call back. So I don't know. What
is the exact reasons why I need to meet with her? Just to work things out
to make sure the pods are working? It's just been very frustrating. I
think I have 3 tubes of strips, I honestly am not sure on insulin, I will
let you know next week.

Let me know when the money is in my account. That money I had just saved
up, saving money from month to month I didn't spend. If you eat really
ghetto brand food and nothing to fancy, you can usually carry over a few
dollars to save, just in case you need it. So that's where it came from.

The LIU thing sounds fun. It's lame I missed it. I think I would have
enjoyed it.

That is sad to hear about Lilo. I hope it all works out. It is hard
situation when such things happen, but let me know what happens and what you
decide to do with it.

I think everything is going pretty well for me. Time is going by really
quick this transfer. Oh yeah, I get to go to the temple here in a couple
weeks for my year mark. I am very excited. It is a realyl big group going,
like 30 missionaires. I am very happy. I have missed the temple a lot, so
that will be a great experience.

Well I better get going. I love you all.

-Elder Miller

No comments: