Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

Hello,

We should be going to the temple to do baptisms within the next few weeks, so I am very excited. I didn't even get to go to the font last time, so I have never even seen it, so it will be really exciting to go, and perform a few baptisms. I am stoked.

I have been tempted to save up a few pennies every month, and buy a nice pair of glasses instead of the plastic ones I have. They work fine, but they coudl be easily broken, but I don't know. I don't know if I can really justify buying glasses for a lot of money, when I don't really wear them. But we will see. But yes, I am a dork.

Things are still going awesome with my companion. We get along super well. It is really nice. He is really into the Chinese Chess too, so we play that when we get a bit when we are at home before we go to bed. I don't know a lot about his home life so far. Just bits and pieces. I know he has brothers, four, two of which served missions. He has step brothers and sisters, and his dad passed away when he was like 13. He lived basically just with his mom from 13 until now. BUt other than that I don't know the details. He does really like it warm. Him and you would probably get along pretty well. Haha. But he is super cool and a great missionairy.

I really don't know what to say in a few paragraphs. I will try to come up with something and send it in another email.

The weather is starting to cool down a little bit. Speaking of which, if I was to buy a few sweaters at the store with my card, would you cover it? That woudl be great. I have one sweater I bought last year, but a couple more would be awesome.

Oh yeah, I learned about Chinese Chess while I was serving in Flushing and Dyker Heights, those are the chinese areas, and I am realyl good friends with all of the Chinese Missionaries. So that is when I learned. I just got ahold of my own board this transfer, so we are having fun with it.

I am tired do to work, I am not getting sick, so I am good. You will be excited to hear, the mission is going to provide us with Flu Shots this year, so we don't have to pay for them or wait for a million years in lines. So I bet that makes you happy. I still haven't got with Brenda because we have been super busy, but this week shoudl be a little slower. Sorry. I think i am pretty good on supplies as for right now. Do you still need taht little box back? I knew I said I would send it forever ago, and I still haven't. I should be sending it this week, because I need to send some stuff home anyways.

Things going great though. I am really loving the branch that i am serving in, just some awesome members. A new family that just moved in from Chicago had us over for dinnner, cooked us baked potatoes and steaks, it was so good. They are a very stereotypical mormon family too, tons of kids, all love BYU, except one. It is really funny. It was kind of weird being at there house, because it was a totally different environment than what i have bene used to for the last year. But at home it would have felt totally normal.

Well, all is well in Lynbrook. I am looking forward to the fall, my favorite time of year. The only problem is in New York fal lasts about a week, and then it is winter. Haha. But it will be nice.

I love you all very much.

-Elder Miller

No comments: