Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9, 2009

Hey,

I did get the teststrips. I will keep you posted on everything else.

That is cool that you got a letter from Sister Anderson, but also weird, because I have no clue how she got the address. She must have talked to the mission office or something. Anyways, that is nice to hear. She is very nice. Your stereotypical mormon mom. They both graduated from BYU, they have a million kids. They are great though. They just moved here from Chicago. They are a great family and are fun to be around. You should write her back. Maybe you could become cool little pen pals or something. At least for while I am here in Lynbrook. Maybe you could send here you e-mail address.

Mom, you know that that is not fair to tell me that you bought me a present, but then to tell me you won't tell. But I guess it is alright. I will just not think about it. And before I even know it Christmas will be here. Time just seems to be going that fast.

We have been invited to one family so far for Thanksgiving, but they told us that if we had somewhere else we needed to be, we should go there. But it is the Malinka family, the other stereotypical mormon family we have. She is the one that grew up in Layton. I am excited to go there though, I"m sure we will go. I love that family, and it will be American food. Don't get me wrong, I love hispanic food, but that's all I've been eating for over a year.

Ok, so here is the exciting news for the week. On Tuesday we met a man named Matt Hazen. He had been taught a little bit by other Elders, but turned out to live in our area, so he got handed over to us. We got to know him and taught him a little bit. The next day he texted us and asked us some questions. One thing led to another, and we ended up committing him to be baptized over text messages the day after we met him. And you used to say that all my texting was just a waste of time. Haha. But we are really excited for him. Just a couple days ago he texted us and told us that he ordered himself a leather LDS Bible and Book of Mormon, as well as some other mormon litterature. He is eating everything up like a kid in a candy store. His only down fall is coffee right now, which he is really working on. So pray for him that he can get over that.

Other than that it was just a long crazy week. Saturday night I layed down in bed, I went to bed early, at like 10, and was laying there, and I was so tired that I couldn't sleep. It took to much energy to fall asleep. It was a really weird feeling. So the long work has been taking it's toll, but it is all good. I am loving it.

This week we had interviews with President Nelson, which was good. He is always good to sit down and talk with, as long as joke around with.

Yesterday we were asked to teach Elders Quorum. It was on the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. It went pretty well. We are pretty booked for the rest of the month too. Next week we are singing in the Primary Program in our ward, as well as my companion and I will be speaking in another branch, I am not really sure why, but we were aksed to. They next week we are putting on a Fireside for the branch. And then the next week we will be speaking in our branch in Sacrament meeting. Quite a busy month. But busy is the best.

Well, I have to get going. Let me know if there is anything I can do for anyone.

I love you.

-Elder Miller

No comments: