Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8, 2010

Howdy Hey Hey,

So are is everyone doing? I hope that everyone is doing great. Things are going really good here, so that is good.

Transfers are indeed this week. We recieved transfer calls on Saturday, to let us know if we were leaving or if we were staying. All three of us will be staying together. It is very strange. I know if doesn't mean too much to anybody outside of missionary life, but trios are pretty rare in the first place (we are the only non-sister trio in the mission), and when they do happen, they never stay together for more than 1 transfer. But we are trend breakers I guess, haha. As the story goes President is really happy with the work we are doing, we are doing fairly well, and he didn't want to ruin a good thing. We are all super excited about it. Elder Oakes and Elder Call have been some of my favorite companions on my mission so far, and I know they feel the same way, so it will be fun to spend 6 more weeks with them, even though it is very rare. :)

I am getting over a little bit of a bug right now, it was really funny, because it has been a few days, Elder Call and I have the same thing, and Elder Oakes had it for a little bit. But anyways, we got our transfer calls on Saturday, and we were all super excited, but Elder Call and I were feeling very poorly, and so we couldn't be very excited, it was a very funny moment.

So here is the big news for this week. Hermano Ovalle got baptized on Saturday. He is the excommunicated member. It was one of the most amazing experiences on my mission so far. He is such a great man. I love him so much. It was so great to see him get baptized, and then on Sunday he recieved the Holy Ghost, and I got to take part of that. It is going to be great to have him as a member. He is a great leader and teacher. I already have promised him that I will come back and go with him when he gets his endowements taken out. He is the man. I will try to attach some pictures of his baptism.

Everybody else is doing really well. Javier's daughter did not get baptized last Sunday, but she is getting baptized this next Sunday, some things just came up. But it will be exciting, because Javier is recieving the Priesthood next week also, and he will be able to baptize her. It will be great. Norma we are still working with. She is stuggling a lot with her relationship right now, but she is doing well, and we are still working with her. We met a new guy this week named Leandro, he was found by the english missionaries. He had heard about the church in his country, and is really excited about it, believes it is true, and has accepted to be baptized on the 21st (I think that is the date) of this month. It was pretty awesome. So the work is flurishing. It is great to be a part of.

I haven't got the insulin yet, I will call in today, and get some. Is that still going to be okay, I know you mentioned the insurance was changing. If it won't work, just call the mission office I guess. But I will call and get some.

It is always good to hear that everyone is doing pretty well.

I think that is about all new that is going on with me. Had a good week, other than the sickness, we had a big snowstorm that wasn't very fun, but that happens. The Weather should be warming up now. Well, I guess I will get going. I love you all.

-Elder Miller

No comments: