Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6, 2009

Hey,

Can I honestly say that this week was so busy, that I honestly do not even remember everything that happened. But we will see how well I do at remembering good points on it.

I guess first off I should get to the real point, the biggest thing that happened. We found out about transfers this last week, and I am leaving Lynbrook. It has been pretty hard for me to accept. But that is how it has to go I guess. There is just so much stuff I don't want to leave behind. But I guess it is my time. So next week when you get an email, I will be in a new area, unknown to me at this time.

As part of my move, I will be sending a few packages home today. I am pretty sure one of them they are going to charge me my arm and leg for, because it weighs a ton. But so be expecting a couple.

So today awaits a day of packing for me. Which is never fun. Oh well.

Okay, before I get ahead of myself, I will get to your questions.

1. Sacarament meeting talk ideas, I'll talk about that later.
2. Pods, I think I have quite a few left, I will count today, but I think I have like 25ish.
3. Let's not get a Christmas see sent. I am still goign to see if I can get ahold of my old one. And if I can't, let's just save the money.
4. New pump is going well. It is really similar, jjust a couple things have been changed. Color screen, couple other recording options. It is way similar though.
5. Still goign to get ahold of the Doctor. Sorry.
6. I think the calling card still has minutes. I will double check.
7. I know. I love you too!
8. I don't know if i will be able to, because I probably wno't know until tomorrow, but I will try to get it to you if I can.

I did get to watch the Chirstmas Devotional. I really enjoyed it. It always makes me a little trunky, because a few years ago I was in the conference center. Haha. But oh well. I still enjoyed it.

Okay, I have something really cool I want to ask you to do for me. You asked if you could get anything for my companion. Yes, you can. Could you get him one of the new Bibles too, the Spanish one. That wuold be super sweet, because he still doesn't have one. If you wanted to get it engraved, his name is Landon Dodge Alverson. And if you could send it anonymous, I don't know if that is possible with packages, but if you can taht wuold be sweet. It would be the same address, the mission office. That would be cool, and by the time he gets it I won't be his companion anymore, so he will have no clue. If you would do that, oh man, yeah, coolness.

So yesterday we went to go say bye to Fernando and Claudia, and after we had been there for a while, they told us they loved us, Claudia said that their house is always open to us if we need a place or want to visit, and then they had gotten us ties. It was the coolest thign ever. Mine has penquins on it. I am pretty sure I am going to wear it every day until CHristmas. It was the nicest thing. I love them so much and I am going to miss them so much.

A few people have already invited you and Dad to come visit after I am done with the mission. I am excited for you to meet some of them. They really have become my best friends, and I love them so much.

For you talk, if it was all up to me, I would focus on the atonement. That is really what matters. Everythign else is important, but it woudl be nothing without the atonement at the center. You know a bunch of my experiences, and I am sure you have some favorites. My favorites are hwn eyou can see Christ helping people in times of need. Like with Fernando, the Andia family that we met in the hospital, Anythony in Flushing, all of those stories, when it was above and beyond. The normal amazing stories of finding somone, teaching them, having them being golden and baptizing them right away are great, but my personal favorites are hwne you can see exactly how it helped them, and how it was planned out. How Christ is our Friend, and as missionaires we get the chance to be somones friend and try to make a difference, no matter what it takes. I think missionary work in about love and about helping people, exactly how the atonement is about love and helping the children of God return to him. I know those thoughts are kind of scatter brained, but I hope it helps a little bit.

Well it sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. I love you all, and I will talk to you next week, because I have to go get packing, and I'll hear from you in a new area. :)

-Elder Miller

No comments: