Friday, January 8, 2010

January 4, 2010

Hey,

Yep, officially 2010. Pretty crazy. The last of the 3 different years I will have been gone.

Our New Years Eve was pretty uneventful. We didn't end up getting anything to play, just kind of chilled, did some reading and stuff. Nothing crazy or fun. Just another day. It is kind of how they all are as a missionary I guess. But it was good. It is still crazy to think that it is 2010. But that is how it goes I guess.

As far as January being good for missionary work, despite new years resolutions and such, I think it is not very good for work. It is just too cold here and everyone just doesn't want to talk and such and just wants to be by themselves. But it is all good I guess.

That is cool that you got a letter from Elder Alverson. He is a really good guy. I am glad that he liked it.

Here is the info of what I think is the closest Rite Aid to me.

57-16 99th Street
Flushing, NY 11368
(718) 592-0738

It's really not in what is considered is Flushing, if you were wondering. Haha. It is just how addresses work out. It is really in Corona. But yeah, let me know. If you get anything done and I just need to pick things up, you can call the mission office and have them call me.

I think I have like 40 strips left, or less. So if I need some I will just go get some. But I will wait and see when I get the ones you are sending. As far as requests on treats for the package, I know this will sound weird, but maybe some more healthier stuff. I am just having about enough with eating junk food you know. I actually had my second throw up experience on the mission last night. Haha. I think it was just a combination of lots of really bad food. It was weird, I was sleepign, and I woke up at like 1, got up, went to the bathroom, threw up, and went right back to bed and was just fine. It was just like my body was like, um, I can't digest this, you have to get rid of it, sorry. Haha. But it was strange. I have been totally fine since then.

So as far as me, everything here is going pretty well. It has been freezing lately. And I mean freezing, like to the point that I thought I was just going to stop moving because I was going to turn into and icecycle. It was weird, the other day we were doing what is called a Street Sweep, where a bunch of misisonaries get togetehr and talk to as many people as possible on the street. Anyways, it was to the point that like my knees and elbows wouldn't bend anymore it was so cold. But other than the cold I think things are going really well. Last week we committed 4 people to be baptized int he next couple week. So that should be good. We also have a lot of other people that are really close. I hope things keep going well.


Well, I better get going. I love you all so much.

-Elder Miller

No comments: